[Live-demo] Postgis questions

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jan 23 12:23:43 PST 2016

All drivers are disabled by default as a security precaution.

However if you are running PostgreSQL 9.4 or above, you should be able to set these with ALTER SYSTEM, which is cross-platform way of doing it.

The link that Brian provided does have an example of ALTER SYSTEM - http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_gdal_enabled_drivers.html

So if  you run the below in psql or pgAdmin, you should be able to access all drivers permanently (since ALTER SYSTEM settings get stored in postgresql.auto.conf that gets loaded on each postgresq server startup)

ALTER SYSTEM SET postgis.gdal_enabled_drivers TO 'ENABLE_ALL';

SELECT pg_reload_conf();

Then you can confirm it works by running this query:

SELECT * FROM ST_GDALDrivers();

Hope that helps,

Regina