[Live-demo] IPython 4.0.0 and Jupyter ppa

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:58:42 PST 2016

pip result on top of nightly build 32:

user at osgeolive:~$ sudo pip install jupyter
Downloading/unpacking jupyter
   Downloading jupyter-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): ipywidgets in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): notebook in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): jupyter-console in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): nbconvert in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jupyter)
Downloading/unpacking qtconsole (from jupyter)
   Downloading qtconsole-4.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (98kB): 98kB downloaded
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): ipykernel in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): jupyter-client>=4.1 in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from qtconsole->jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): jupyter-core in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from qtconsole->jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pygments in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from qtconsole->jupyter)
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): traitlets in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from qtconsole->jupyter)
Installing collected packages: jupyter, qtconsole
Successfully installed jupyter qtconsole
Cleaning up...

It seems that the python packaging is ok, but the binaries are not in
place...

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member