[Live-demo] Contributor agreement

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 16:07:10 PDT 2016

Hi Jachym,

Good question. Here are my thoughts:

The OSGeo-Live process [1] for contributions is more light weight than
asking for and then managing a list of contributor agreements. I
personally think that the process we have in place is sufficient to
cover any legal requirements. (We did discuss it in the community at the
time of setting up). Also, retrospectively trying to migrate to an
alternative form of Contributor Agreements would be non-trivial for what
I'd suggest is minimal gain.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Git_migration

On 10/07/2016 1:31 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just asking, .... should this be managed as standard contributor
> agreement https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Contributor_Agreement ?

> pá 8. 7. 2016 v 22:17 odesílatel Simon Legner <simon.legner at gmail.com
> <mailto:simon.legner at gmail.com>> napsal:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'd like to contribute OpenStreetMap related things to OSGeo-Live. I
>     confirm that my contributions to OSGeo-Live will be compatible with
>     the OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution.
>
>     I met Astrid at FOSSGIS 2016 in Salzburg and she somehow motivated me
>     to contribute. :)
>
>     Cheers,
>     Simon

Cameron Shorter,