[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live 10.0 alpha2 ready to test

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:54:03 PDT 2016

After many bug fixes [1], OSGeo-Live 10.0 alpha2 is ready for testing
[2] [3].

The following projects still have open issues. Bug fixes and pull
requests are welcome.

* Cartaro (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1718)
* EOxServer (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1706)
* GeoNode (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1722)
* Mapnik (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1701)
* Rasdaman (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1721)
* TileMill (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1723)
* ZOO-Project (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1710)

On behalf of the OSGeo-Live team,
Angelos

[1] https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/osgeo/OSGeoLive/src/master/CHANGES.txt
[2] http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/10.0/osgeo-live-10.0alpha2-amd64.iso
[3]
http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/10.0alpha2/osgeo-live-10.0alpha2-amd64.iso

On 06/04/2016 02:17 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> After much hard work from the OSGeo-Live build team, we release today
> the first alpha version of OSGeo-Live 10.0.
>
> It is based on the new Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Long Term Support (LTS).
> Over the last 6 weeks since Ubuntu 16.04 was released, we have ported
> the entire build system to the new LTS and we merged packaging effort
> from DebianGIS and UbuntuGIS, bringing most of the recent geospatial
> packages to Xenial. The result is now shared with the OSGeo community
> through the updated UbuntuGIS repositories (Testing and Unstable).
>
> We encourage all OSGeo-Live projects to download OSGeo-Live alpha1
> [1], test your project with this new release and make sure it works as
> expected. If your project is missing from the iso, it means that the
> installer failed completely and needs extra attention from you. Please
> report back issues to our Trac instance [2] (and let us know what you
> have tested on our mailing list live-demo at lists.osgeo.org. We track
> this information in our status spreadsheet [3]). We love pro-active
> projects we don't have to chase, so please prepare your code to work
> on the new LTS and send us a pull request with your installer changes.
>
> We have a lot of work to do and a tight schedule if we are to release
> in time for FOSS4G in Bonn. Our next milestone is to reach beta stage
> by the end of June.
>
> [1]
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/10.0/osgeo-live-10.0alpha1-amd64.iso Mirror:
> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/10.0alpha1/osgeo-live-10.0alpha1-amd64.iso
>
> [2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10
>
> [3]
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5BaEgQtgw4O1bXyeWMlM8XtAOhUgcjZ7Y2O0FZc2H0/edit?hl=en_GB#gid=2014800150
>
> *Packages still with critical issues*
>
> We haven't managed to get the following packages working yet and would
> appreciate some help:
>
> Cartaro (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1718)
> EOxServer (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1706)
> GeoMoose (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1717)
> GeoNode (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1722)
> MapSlicer (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1712)
> MapBender (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1716)
> Mapnik (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1701)
> OSSIM (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1700)
> OTB (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1702)
> Rasdaman (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1721)
> TileMill (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1723)
> Ushahidi (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1719)
> ZOO-Project (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1710)

> *Key Milestones*
>
> 13 Jun 2016 Feature Freeze (all apps updated)
> 27 Jun 2016 User Acceptance Test (all apps installed and working)
> 18 Jul 2016 Release Candidate 1
> 01 Aug 2016 Final ISO sent to printers
>
> ... full schedule:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB

> [...]