[Live-demo] MOTION: Pull request #134 Workshop installers

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:42:39 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 06/29/2016 12:41 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>

>>> Is there demand for this?
>>
>> If the workshop installers are actively maintained it can be beneficial,
>> but I fear that after the initial creation they will quickly become
>> unmaintained.
>>
>> I'm currently +0 on this.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Bas
>>
>> Well, those installers can be gathered by each LOC independently, but I
> think it is a strategic goal to make OSGeo-Live the default platform for
> FOSS4G workshops in the future...
>
> We already have a workshop installation shortcut on our desktop which
leads to
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/wiki/Live_GIS_Workshop_Install

This is definitely used. I think a quickstart could also refer to this: if
you want extra information, you can run script xxx and you will find more
info at yyyy.

I'm +1 but I agree we should check at some point during the release cycle
whether the links are still working. I also think we should have the actual
script there, not curl http://somewebsite | sudo bash

Kind Regards,
Johan