[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.5 status: pre-RC

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:34:39 PST 2016

Hi all,

We are one week [1] away from RC1, which I hope will also be the final RC.
There has been a huge amount of builds in the last few weeks (average 4
builds per day, including PR builds)

I believe that our current setup is very stable and we managed to get
some last minute upgrades for this release (QGIS 2.14, MapServer 7.0.1,
rasdaman 9.2).
According to our Trac [2], we do not have any blockers or critical
issues, which is a good sign.

The most recent nightly build can be found here [3] [4]

I think our current open topics before RC1 are:

1. Final docs: We are still in the process of translation for this week,
plus we get lots of pull requests with some doc updates. Thank you all
for contributing to this.

2. Jupyter Notebooks: We currently have a git repository with notebooks
to include in the final release and we also have an open pull request to
merge the work from GSoC 2015 [5].
There is a special nightly build [6][7] including the GSoC notebooks.
We need to evaluate all our notebooks for this release and make a
decision on the notebooks to be included.
Perhaps we need a team of volunteers to go through all notebooks and
review them? Perhaps we need a spreadsheet listing all notebooks and
their status? Thoughts?

Best,
Angelos

[1]