[Live-demo] Motion: Include Jupyter as beta in 9.5 release

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 10 09:42:15 PST 2016

On 10-03-16 11:12, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> In order to resolve the Jupyter mess, this is my new proposal:
>
> 1. Accept the pull request from Massimo
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-Notebooks/pull/5
> This way his work will be acknowledged, the same way as previous
> Notebook work done by Brian.
>
> 2. Since we are too close to release and there are concerns about the
> publication quality of the Notebooks, I propose we do not link Jupyter
> to our main docs, so the visibility is low for new users.
>
> This way we avoid going into a dead-end discussion about which notebooks
> to select etc.
>
> 3. We reconsider the Notebook git organization towards a proper
> inclusion for release 10.0.

This seems like a good compromise.

Cameron has some good arguments, but is a bit too strict wrt criteria
for acceptance. It's difficult to balance keeping high standards, and
not demotivating your volunteers with strict enforcement.

I'm in favour of this proposal because it seems to allow both parties to
gain from this, without risking adverse effects to the quality of
OSGeo-Live.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--