[Live-demo] 9.5 site up

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Mar 25 21:40:21 PDT 2016

Cameron,

I've built and copied the site as it currently is in master.

With the change in url to point users directly to the Sourceforge folder
instead of specific iso an md5 files there was no obvious way to work
the buttons back in. Maybe I'll ponder some sort of link compromise so
that we can get back a better looking download page. Apologies for not
jumping in on the thread a few days ago when I should have, as such I'm
not going to hold up the release over this.

1. Original reason we pointed to osgeo machine was so we had control to
move the destination at any point when needed (without breaking old
releases). This includes last minute .1 releases that can easily be
swapped in.

2. Sourceforge is known for having heavy click bait that confuses users.
So I prefer directly linking to the files.

3. Now users have to read about and decide what to pick on 2 different
pages, 1 without descriptions. That's way too much thought.

I'll mock up a fix to this and get feedback, then maybe we can update
the live site some point after that. Might also be a good time to think
about reworking our build setup for the docs. Some sort of easier to
manage build service....