[Live-demo] GeoKettle source code

Daniel Araujo Miranda daniel_a_miranda at yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 22 04:54:25 PST 2016

Hello everyone,    I am now under the strong impression that the GeoKettle package in OSGeo-Live violates the GPL in the sense that the source code is unavailable.
    I emailed Thierry Badard about the GeoKettle source code and got no answer. Martin Seterstoen got in touch with me directly and asked me if I had found the source code already because he also could not find it. That person did find the source for an earlier version of GeoKettle.

    I dug further inside the actual OSGeo-Live distribution and found version 2.6 in /usr/local/share/gisvm/bim/install_geokettle.sh at the following url:
  http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/data/geokettle/geokettle-2.6-r192-with_plugins.zip
The GEOKETTLE_README.txt package inside OSGeo-Live however, mentions only version 2.5.OSGeo-Live's website also lists this package as being version 2.6 of GeoKettle
  https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/geokettle_overview.html

To sum up:    I can't find the source. I have officially given up looking for it and am now actively poking people to see if it comes out :-)

I would like to ask:0. Please point me to the source if it is available and I have fumbled my google-fu, my find-fu and my grep-fu.
1. Is this list the right place for inquiries about OSGeo-Live packages that might violate the GPL? (in the sense that the source code is unavailable)
2. If so, please take steps to either remove that package from OSGeo-Live or publish the source code somehow. That might be a topic for discussion in the next OSGeo-Live meeting.

Best,Daniel Araujo Miranda
Forensics ExpertBrazilian Federal Police