[Live-demo] Mass production of OSGeo Live USB - any SMEs providing this ?

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Apr 18 06:55:22 PDT 2017

All,

Just to add to the mix, and stir the pot somewhat, an idea to consider on this . . . what about . . .

having some sort of support stack/infrastructure in place for providing the OSGeo-Live as a bunch of different devices and (portable) services.  For example,

  *   Generating the Thumb Drives
     *   These should be generated as needed, based on our usage locally for different events.  When we don’t end up using some of them at a particular event, we end up re-writing them with the newer version of OSGeo-Live for the next event.  Not really an economically sound model.
  *   Setting up something like a Raspberry Pi with OSGeo-Live. Possibly for resale, certainly as a download for other to install.
  *   Setting up a Cloud (OSGE Certified?!) version of OSGe-Live
  *   As has been mentioned before, an application picker for installation of software would go a long ways.
     *   There’s a bit of effort required for this one I’ll grant you, but it would certainly go along was toward promoting OSGeo.
  *   Cloud service(s) version of OSGeo.
  *   Setting up a Docker . . .

Well you get the idea,  if your going to pay for something, may as well go for broke.  You end up with a one stop shop and possibly a container of sorts for other projects to add in their own dedicated versions of the same sort of devices/services.

bobb