[Live-demo] "descoping" OSGeo-Live

James Klassen jklassen at sharedgeo.org
Thu Apr 20 07:03:01 PDT 2017

Speaking as a member of the GeoMoose PSC and as one of the people who keeps
GeoMoose up to date in OSGeo-Live...  It isn't clear to me what to do about
it but for the record OpenHub seems to be pretty confused about GeoMoose.

It is missing our early history (2005-2009).  It is confused about our
recent history (probably because of our use of git submodules).  And it is
completely unaware of our 3.0 developments (which are happening in new
repos, incidently because we want to move away from git submodules).

As a project we would much rather be putting our time into maintaining
2.9.x and into the current effort to moderize our project for what will
become our 3.0 release than worring about how to get a black box (OpenHub)
to properly understand our project's history.  Maybe when things quiet down
OpenHub tinkering will make it to the top of the list, but I don't see that
being the case anytime soon.