[Live-demo] [Marketing] osgeo live logo, and website presentation

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 28 23:37:41 PDT 2017

Hi Cameron,

On Tue, 29. Aug 2017 at 11:13:54 +1000, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> All, in our OSGeo-Live weekly meeting today [1] we discuss a new OSGeo-Live
> logo and came to the conclusion that a "Play" logo would be a good way to
> convey what we stand for. (OSGeo-Live allows people to run OSGeo
> applications). While a traditional play logo is a right pointing triangle in
> a circle, we were thinking we could put a right pointing logo inside the
> outer ring of the OSGeo logo (replacing the inner star).

Hm, reading "play" triggered a association with "playground" here - while the
meant "play" is more used for consuming a film something.

How about using something like
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pictograms-nps-land-playground.svg ?

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de