[Live-demo] Transifex update

Jakob Miksch jakob.miksch at posteo.eu
Sun Jan 8 05:11:15 PST 2017

Dear list,

a short update regarding the move to Transifex.

I managed push all English source files to Transifex. I solved the
problem (that I mentioned in the last chat) by "hard-coding" the
version number in the conf.py file. Before it was read automatically.
This apparently caused some problems. https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLiv
e-doc/blob/master/conf.py#L26

The next step is to push all existing translations to Transifex. Would
be cool to do that automatically as well ...

This is our Transifex repository: https://www.transifex.com/osgeo/osgeo
live/dashboard/

And here we can discuss about this topic: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/T
alk:Live_GIS_Translate

Now, I am thinking about our folder structure. The folder structure
from this project "QField" looks quite clean and nice: https://github.c
om/opengisch/QField-docs

I do not understand the purpose of these two folders in our repository:
"MacInstallers" (https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/master/Mac
Installers) and "WindowsInstallers" (https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive
-doc/tree/master/WindowsInstallers)

They only link to the documentation within the language folders.

Why do we need these two folders?

Best wishes,
Jakob