[Live-demo] [live-demo] MOTION: Revert to previous OSGeo-Live logo for 11.0 release, keep new OSGeo logo in docs

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 15:47:10 PDT 2017

Hi all,

We have been discussing the new logo situation for a few weeks now and
it seems there are issues with all suggested new OSGeo-Live logos.
I feel that we should not hurry to prepare a new OSGeo-Live logo for the
upcoming 11.0 release, while at the same time I would like to keep the
work done by Jody including the new OSGeo logo in our docs.

So I would like to propose to keep the previous OSGeo-Live logo for our
web site banner, and use the new OSGeo logo for the project quickstarts
and overviews. Also I propose to use the new OSGeo logo in our desktop
backdrop image to support the OSGeo re-branding project.

There is a pull request for this motion:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/277

Here is my +1,
Angelos

--