[Live-demo] Space on DIsk - was GMT

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Tue Jul 11 09:36:04 PDT 2017

Space on Disk :

  there are several important decisions pending..
Interested participants may find a detailed disk-space accounting as
part of the build process..
Please see the build logs for some build, preferably post-Beta1 so we
can discuss.

 Second, we will have at least 8GB on a USB medium for upcoming events.
The 4GB space limit comes from a file size the represents the stored
file system.
In some cases, this SquashFS file is not a limitation.
Therefore, extra care ought to be taken to differentiate where a 4GB
limit matters..

best regards from Berkeley
 --Brian

On 2017-07-11 09:37, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> Note that MB-system relies on GMT.
> 0 on removing the application - it has a good installer and does not
> take up a lot of place - no conflicts with other packages

GMT size is an issue in OSGeo-Live.

gmt depends on gmt-gshhg & gmt-dcw to be truely useful (but are only
Recommends due to their size), but gmt-dcw is not included due to disk
space, see:

https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/136

And the related discussion with upstream:

http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/issues/972#note-3

Kind Regards,

Bas