[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live 11.0 - please confirm that you have reviewed udig docs by 18 June 2017

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 04:16:39 PDT 2017

Hi Frank,

I'm looping Angelos into this conversation who is our build manager.

With regards to selecting the version to install on OSGeo-Live, our
policy is select stability over bleeding edge.

We are targeting new users who will be less tolerant to potential
errors, and if they want to see the latest features, they can always go
to the project's website to find out more. Based on that logic, I'd
suggest version 1.4.0 would probably be preferable to (potentially
unstable) 2.0.0RC1. I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Hi Jody,

With regards to selecting a WMS for UDig, can you please select one of
the datasets already on OSGeo-Live. We aim to have OSGeo-Live demos able
to be run when not connected to the internet, as is sometimes the case
in workshops. The mapserver WMS is preferred to GeoServer for demos as
it doesn't use as much RAM.

I'll answer your other questions in another thread.

Cheers, Cameron

M +61 419 142 254