[Live-demo] osgeo incubation branding

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 10:30:09 PDT 2017

As chair of the incubation committee I would like to coordinate the
following:

1) A new OSGeo Projects logo
2) A new OSGeo Community logo

Missing from the above list is an "Incubation" logo; the fact that a
project is going through a process is being downplayed (not really of
interest to casual visitors). This allows us to lower the bar to accepting
more projects in OSGeo, and recognize smaller projects that have difficulty
meeting our "OSGeo Project" requirements. If I had to sum up the different
- "OSGeo Community" marks a project as open source and open to
contributions. "OSGeo Project" marks a project as meeting our ideals (such
as handing over control to a vendor neutral committee).  See the wiki
for a comparison
table
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects#Comparison_with_Incubation>
.

This change is also taking place on the osgeo website, see wireframes for
details.
- https://projects.invisionapp.com/d/#/console/10783291/237925198/preview
- https://projects.invisionapp.com/d/#/console/10783291/237925199/preview
--