[Live-demo] about osgeo and sponsors

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 10:25:45 PDT 2017

--
Jody Garnett

On 20 June 2017 at 09:05, Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am going to use fact & guess, the guess is because I am so new in OSGeo
> Live
>
> Fact: ​There are​ 2 sponsors pages
> Guess: one is OSGeo foundation sponsors
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/en/sponsors_osgeo.rst
> Guess: one is for OSGeo Live sponsors
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/en/sponsors.rst
>
> So, I'll focus the rest of the mail for the one I think is for OSGeo
> foundation sponsors.

See below.

> >The sponsorship "perks" are rewritten each year, so if the OSGeo Live
> project would like to adjust any of the above expectations for 2018 please
> make a motion and we can change things up.
>
> I see a lot of +1

Okay, and if live.osgeo.org is accepting sponsorship (is it?) then we can
be sure to list it as an option for people to fund when considering how to
support OSGeo. While you have a sponsorship list, you can review what you
are offering sponsors.

@jody:
> Do you want me to give you a hand?

Thanks could you review https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/217

I focused on updating the osgeo information, I do not think osgeo sponsor
information is worth while to maintain (changes too often we can just
provide a link).