[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 10.5 status: pre-rc

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 10:14:40 PDT 2017

Hi all,

According to our new schedule [1] (after we slipped the 10.5 release by
two weeks), we should have released RC1 last Tuesday. It seems that we
are also slipping this new release schedule...

So here is a list of what needs to be done in order to get 10.5 RC1
released (and hopefully after testing, rename it to final):

1. Create the 10.5 release PPA on Launchpad [2]. I have assigned this
task to myself.
2. Add a new backdrop image for 10.5 [3]. Since this item has not been
picked up yet, I propose we use the current default backdrop (with the
OSGeo-Live logo and version 10.5) as the final one.
3. We need to update the sponsor pages, both for OSGeo-Live sponsors and
OSGeo sponsors [4] [5]. Is there a volunteer to pick up this task?
4. Once the previous tasks are completed, we need to tag our 10.5 docs
and push them to our PPA [6]. I have assigned this task to myself.
5. Ideally, we should fix the last 2 remaining major issues for 10.5 [7]
[8]. The GeoNetwork issue is an old one, 10.0 also shipped with it, so
our users should know that they should use GeoNetwork only on 64 bit
version. Regarding the PyWPS issue, I have reverted the debian package
to the previous state, but I cannot confirm if that solved the issue.
In case those 2 issues are not fixed within 48h I think we should ship.

Best,
Angelos

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO6zzmLFfprZGgp5x7Sjwi-EVN6NTGDR4KXvFVtNpR0/edit#gid=0