[Live-demo] Replace Eric with Atom Editor

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Mon Mar 27 05:19:57 PDT 2017

Hi,

Last week we had another 6+ workshops using OSGeo-Live at FOSSGIS in Passau.
The QGIS Plugin development workshop was reminder for me that we should have a
good generic graphical programming editor in OSGeo-Live. I found Vim, nano,
Leafpad and Eric on the VM, but didn't have enough time for a proper setup of
the latter.
My proposal is to replace Eric with Atom (https://atom.io/), a good
programming editor which can be used for a wide range of workshops.
On my disk, "du -hs /opt/atom" returns 232M, which seems reasonable to me.
Any opinions?

Pirmin