[OSGeoLive] My late contribution to todays meeting

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Mon Nov 27 15:55:22 PST 2017

Hello all

Sorry that I cold not be in the meeting today, I had a presentation to a
group of students in a University in Mexico at the time of the meeting.

About his presentation I used OSgeoLive project as follows:
In front of the students I talked about how PSC members have to approve PR
regardless if the PR is from a casual contributor or a volunteer or from
other PSC member, emphasising in that it is important for keeping a high
quality in the FOSS project. For this I used this PR as an example:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/348

About the meeting:
I noticed that the meeting main part was about using OSGeoLive trac's wiki
or to have our own wikimedia

In any case I started experimenting on the trac's wiki and "moved" some
mediawiki pages to the trac's wiki.
Note that I consider this as an experiment so:
- OSGeo mediawiki I did not touch
- I made copy/paste (no date preservation)
- darkblue-b started categorizing OSGeo wiki pages so that we can find the
pages that belong to our project

Here are the pages on trac's wiki that I experimented on
In this one:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Use_History
comers from this one:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History

I successfully changed the links of the contact names by adding an
"osgeowiki" entry here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/InterMapTxt

In this one:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Press%20Release%20List
only has the press releases of this section
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Press_Releases
This other ones has blog entries that are mixed up on the press releases
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Press%20Blogs

Besides adding manually by copy paste all the press releases, so no dates
are preserved, if you know how to do it preserving dates please be my guest
on teaching me, took me one day to copy and reformat to the trac's wiki
mark up language

I first added this year's press releases, but after that I started adding
from the first press release. (kind of simulating the date preservation by
adding the first one before the second one and so on)

On some press releases I tried to fix some links, but some are broken. So I
just thought I wont bother to fix links yet, because this is an experiment.

A small clarification:

I didn’t say I want pgRouting wiki pages on OSGeo wiki, I said:

01:17:20cvvergara:Sorry, so you are implying that for example: I shall put
pgRouting wiki pages on OSGeo wiki because then I can get more visitors?
http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2017-11-26.log

Fortunately, as a project, pgRouting has its own wiki, unfortunately right
now OSGeoLive don't have it's own wiki. we use OSGeo wiki but we don’t have
our own.

I apologize because I was not around in the meeting to clarify and write up
my concerns.
I am there now, if you want to ask things.

Vicky
PS I love bencaradocdavies because of this comment :) :) :)
19:59:47bencaradocdavies:darkblue_b, I do not think we have a quorum, and
more importantly, we do not have a Vicky.

--

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,

Vicky Vergara