[OSGeoLive] My late contribution to todays meeting

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Tue Nov 28 12:48:55 PST 2017

Hello all:

Here is my response and bellow its "the Oracle" response

I didn't imply that it was a problem, I made the experiment, and it took me
around 1/2 day to finish my experiment, and most of our pages are the press
releases:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Live-demo
I think that more than 50% I moved already to trac (with a lot of links
fixed, and many more to fix, when everything that is ours goes there)

The Code is on: OSGeoLive repo not on OSGeoLive-doc repo
So, we have to repos, then 2 wikis? I don't like that idea.
I prefer one trac wiki that covers both repos.

I find this annoying on Github wiki: you can't add images directly to the
wiki, I normally use issues to add the image and then put it in the wiki.
This also is annoying: its so narrow.
I compare the "looks" of pgRouting wiki with PostGIS wiki and I like
postGIS wiki more.
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgRoutingLayer/wiki

In any case for GitHub wiki.. probably the need to change the mediawiki to
the wiki stylecan be skipped (bakaniko copied/pasted from github wiki to
media wiki and had to change format)
And the copy/paste still is needed (unless someone knows how to do it
automatically)
Links have to be fixed, because the implicit links will no longer apply.

Here is the "Oracle responding" ;)

"I see in Vicky's future going to SAC channel and asking about a mediawiki
of our own"

Vicky

eMail: vicky at georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info