[Live-demo] MOTION: Migrate OSGeo-Live issues to another Trac instance

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 00:42:06 PDT 2017

Hi all,

The actual trac system is confusing so +1 to move.

I join Astrid about gog, since there is already an OSGeo-Lire repo there
and the platform is administrated OSGeo (presumably SAC).
And there is an issue system like github/gitlab [1]

My main concern is more about public access. Almost all FOSS developers
have a GH account so it is easy for them to make issues.
In the gog case, they would have to get an OSGeo userid [2], which can be
repellent.
In a mean time, it encourages them to do so.

I don't think there is a better option than the other, but they have to be
discussed.

@Regina, thanks for proposing to great the pg DB :)

Best,

Nicolas

[1] https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/osgeo/OSGeoLive/issues

[2] http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

> Hello,
>
> +1 from me too.
>
> I would suggest to move the tickets to a place like
>
> https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/...
>
> or
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 2017-10-12 22:43, schrieb Angelos Tzotsos:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just attended a SAC meeting, and an old issue was brought up: our
>> issue tracker is in OSGeo general instance, mixed with tickets from
>> SAC and others.
>> I would like to make a motion to move our tickets to another trac
>> instance.
>>
>> The result of this motion would be to open a SAC ticket for a
>> migration, hoping to get a volunteer to help with this task.
>>
>> Here is my +1,
>>
>> Angelos
>>

> --
> Astrid Emde