[Live-demo] osgeo-live where to list on new website?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 12:56:19 PDT 2017

Hi Jody,

I raised concerns in the OSGeo-Live meeting about becoming an OSGeo
community project. I feel that we are a lot more mature than a community
project implies, and would prefer to delay until we are ready to incubate.

Also, we are actually very progressed in the incubation process and I'm
expecting we should be able to complete incubation within a few months.

Warm regards, Cameron

On 2/9/17 10:32 pm, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Sure, can you jump on the incubation list and apply to be an OSGeo
> community project now?
>
> And yes please open a trac ticket to apply for incubation.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 2 September 2017 at 03:26, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
> <mailto:gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Jody,
>
>     In our last weekly meeting we decided to apply for OSGeo
>     Incubation, so that we can finally be listed as an OSGeo Project.
>     I will open a trac ticket with the application within the next 48h.
>     I hope you are still interested to be our mentor through this process.
>
>     Best,
>     Angelos
>

>     On 08/25/2017 08:13 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>>     Looking at the site map for the new website OSGeo Live kind of belongs in
>>     two spots:
>>
>>     -http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/osgeo-live/
>>     <http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/osgeo-live/>
>>     -http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geoforall
>>     <http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geoforall>  <-- no page yet, but
>>     is the location used on the site map
>>
>>     Note I have had to remove OSGeo-Live from the "mega menu" since it is not
>>     an OSGeo Project (has not completed incubation) or an OSGeo Community
>>     project (has not asked to be recognized as such).

>     --
>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>     Charter Member
>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation