[Live-demo] Docker, docker-compose and IPython

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sat Sep 16 16:07:49 PDT 2017

Hi All -

  As people may know, OSGeo-Live is using IPython 5.x series, the
so-called LTS version of IPython. While work continues
to stabilize and improve the Python 3x platform, Python 2.7 works every
day, as it has for a long while.

  I am very interested to see a reproducible case where Docker and
Docker-compose installation is conflicting with IPython.

Personally, I feel these two (Docker & IPython) are both high-priority .. so any
conflicts ought to be straightened out..

  thanks and best regards from Berkeley, California
   --Brian M Hamlin