[OSGeoLive] [OSGeo-Discuss] Suggestions for a background image for next OSGeoLive - with an African theme

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:07:03 PDT 2018

Hi OSGeo Live people,

There are already good suggestions.

If you need more, I would propose:

- using OSM data of Dar, but not the OSM base rendering
- maybe another existing rendering (1 example:
https://opentopomap.org/#map=15/-6.81422/39.30086)
- some examples of real map here: http://ramanihuria.org/data/
- maybe asking a skilled QGIS user to render a map

- if you want to compose an image, you could go with pictures of people
- I do not like the idea of animals
- only, why not the national animal, the giraffe

All the best

Benoit - althio