[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 12.0 status: rc1

mail at activityworkshop.net mail at activityworkshop.net
Sun Aug 26 02:44:52 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I was able to try out the rc1, and it boots fine, although I find it a
shame that it now requires an 8GB stick rather than a 4GB stick.  On a
4GB stick using dd I didn't get any error message on the write, but the
stick was then not bootable.  Although I guess 8GB sticks are considered
tiny these days so that shouldn't be a problem.

My main concern with the rc1 is that GpsPrune is still at version 18.6,
rather than the proposed version 19.  I hope that it will still be
possible to change this, it should be a trivial change I think?

The only other thing I noticed was the outdated Ubuntu 16.04 guide on
the desktop, but I think this is being addressed already.  And when the
welcome.txt talks about a "keyboard icon", it wasn't obvious to me that
it meant the US flag icon.

Thanks a lot,
activityworkshop