[OSGeoLive] 2019 OSGeo Community/Code Sprint in Minneapolis - May 14-17

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Fri Dec 28 09:39:42 PST 2018

Hi all: Just a quick note to let folks know that planning is underway to host a community/code sprint in Minneapolis in May of 2019 - specifically from May 14th to the 17th. The location will be the Wilson Research Collaboration Studio on the campus of the University of Minnesota. More information can be found at:

   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Sprint_2019

As with previous sprints this represents a great opportunity to get distributed project teams together, to collaborate across projects and to have a lot of fun. The event is still five months out and what we need now more than anything is an idea of how many sprinters we might expect. There's a spot on the wiki page to add yourself and note the likelihood of attending.

These events are not possible without the generous support of sponsors, and a number of organizations have already stepped up. We really appreciate their support of free and open source software and OSGeo in particular. They are:

  Gold Sponsor -  GeoCue (https://geocue.com/)

  Silver Sponsors - Hobu (https://hobu.co/), EOX (https://eox.at/) and TYDAC (https://www.tydac.ch/)

  Bronze Sponsors - Coordinate Solutions (http://www.coordinatesolutions.com/) and SharedGeo (https://www.sharedgeo.org/)

Interested in sponsoring? You can find more information at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Sprint_2019#Sponsoring.