[OSGeoLive] Presentation coming up, how to announce and get advocation from OSGeo??

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Feb 1 09:30:18 PST 2018

Hello,

I have a presentation coming up soon here:

https://gitasw.org/lightning-overview-of-the-best-geospatial-open-source/

We’ll be distributing Live demo USBs to attendees as well.

Should/Could this be added to the Event list at OSGeo?

Also, would like to get some sort of OSGeo advocation statement if possible.  Maybe listing on the Events would be good enough though.  The organizers of the conference want to send out a media blast in the next couple of days and wanted to incude something OSGeo specific related to this presentation.

Seaprately, what if any, is the approach moving forward for OSGeo to partner with GITA??

Thanks

bobb

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943