[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive would prefer not to be listed as a Community project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:20:07 PST 2018

Hi Jody,

In OSGeo-Live IRC meeting today [1], Brian made a point that he saw an
email from you suggesting that OSGeoLive has been listed as an OSGeo
Community project. This might just be a misunderstanding.

But to be clear, we, the osgeolive project would prefer not to be listed.

 From IRC logs:

CameronShorter: +0, I’d prefer not to have community status associated
with OSGeoLive. To me it sets a level of expectation that OSGeoLive is
less mature than it is, and also suggests that other projects with the
community badge are as mature as OSGeoLive, which I think is not the
right message to push

[1] http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2018-01-22.log

Technology Demystifier, Learnosity
Open Technologies Consultant