[OSGeoLive] Python3 and R notebooks in OSGeoLive

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:22:18 PDT 2018

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the update.
So far we made sure to include all python2 versions of libraries. Python3
versions are easy to add with apt-get install, so it would be nice to save
some disk space.

Best,
Angelos

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:44 PM, Nicolas Roelandt <roelandtn.pro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Brian, all,
>
> I played with python3 and R notebooks from Brian's dev.
>
> That was nice. I'm not really good at it but  I was able to produce one
> map  [1] with R at least !
>
> I don't know if it is perfectly working but it is a start.
>
> Python3 lacks Matplotlib to be able to plot maps so maybe we have to stuck
> at Python2.7 for now.
>
> You can find the drafts here [2]
>
> I won't make a PR since it is still drafts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas Roelandt
>
> [1] https://framapic.org/J4RYiaMNz7SW/5HSLG2BQNBNt.png
> [2] https://github.com/Bakaniko/OSGeoLive/commit/
> acfb9d346a7cb15084c08947d16a1f9a89d43722

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos