[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 11 13:55:20 PDT 2018

Hello all for your answers,

Johan - good point. I agree.

There are some problems. Mapbender release for OSGeoLive is late...

Mapbender 3.0.7.0 is not released yet. It should come this week. Till
now no release package to download is there. But I tested with the
master from github directly.

There is an error which is connected to an external bundle that we
should update:
Compiling component files
> Sensio\Bundle\DistributionBundle\Composer\ScriptHandler::buildBootstrap
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved in
/var/www/html/mapbender_master/application/vendor/nette/nette/Nette/common/Object.php
on line 53
Script
Sensio\Bundle\DistributionBundle\Composer\ScriptHandler::buildBootstrap
handling the post-update-cmd event terminated with an exception

In ScriptHandler.php line 345:

Symfony team says that they work with PHP 7.2 (we work with 2.8)
https://symfony.com/blog/get-ready-for-php-7-2

We have to update our composer.json and refer to never versions.

I reported the error, but it looks like noone will find the time to fix
it. So I should ask wether it could be an option to use an older php
version.

I agree it is not very elegant and I would prefer a different
solution...

Astrid