[OSGeoLive] #2129: Automatically building, testing and deploying-the docs with travis and github-pages

OSGeoLive trac_osgeolive at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 25 21:31:49 PDT 2018

#2129: Automatically building, testing and deploying-the docs with travis and
github-pages
---------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  bakaniko       |      Owner:  osgeolive@…
     Type:  task           |     Status:  new
Component:  Documentation  |   Keywords:  CI, documentation
---------------------------+-------------------------------
 I found this link recently about automaticly build and deploy webpages
 using travis and github-pages:

 [https://nathaneastwood.github.io/2017/05/16/automatically-building-
 testing-and-deploying-bookdown-with-travis-and-github-pages/]

 I think we can build in our github repo a more up to date documentation
 for our contributors

 It can be triggered when we merge. In that way, people won't have to wait
 the next release.

 Plus we can build more artifacts like doc bundles for the liveDVD and a
 presentation archive for our speakers.

 * Webpages
 * debian package
 * presentation bundle