[OSGeoLive] Issue #2068 on Mint 19

Micha Silver tsvibar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 05:28:30 PDT 2018

(cross posting since this question touches several different applications)

THis reported issue:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/2068-Error-caused-by-libgdal-grass-version-in-Bionic-td5367179.html

is causing problems for me also in the R package "MODIS".

AFAIK, you don't necessarily need the ubuntugis repo in bionic distros.
The regular ubuntu repos have pretty recent versions. On my Mint systems
I get GRASS 7.4.0, and gdal 2.2.3.  But every invocation of gdal
commands begins with:
micha at TP480:~$ gdalinfo --version
ERROR 1: libgrass_dgl.7.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
ERROR 1: libgrass_dgl.7.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
ERROR 1: libgrass_vector.7.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
ERROR 1: libgrass_vector.7.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
GDAL 2.2.3, released 2017/11/20

And these errors are appearing also in R with the MODIS package.

What are the implications of adding the ubuntugis-unstable repo to solve
this?

Thanks

--
Micha Silver