[OSGeoLive] Meeting time and DST

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Mon Sep 24 15:32:38 PDT 2018

Daylight saving time zone changes are coming soon.

(1) Should we change our meeting time? If so,
(2) What time suits, and,
(3) When should we change?

Time zone changes (with number of regular attendees):

Starting DST:
New Zealand (1 attendee): 30 September
Australia (eastern) (1 attendee): 7 October

Ending DST:
Europe and Mexico (4 attendees including chair): 28 October
United States (1 attendee): 7 November

Last northern winter / eastern summer we met on Mondays (UTC) at 19:30
UTC. This is 30 minutes earlier (UTC) than now.

For example, here are 30 minute slots for a meeting on Monday 29 October
(UTC):
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=29&month=10&year=2018&p1=224&p2=155&p3=195&p4=37&p5=26&p6=240&p7=952&iv=1800

For example, if we went back to 19:30 UTC starting with the meeting on
Monday 29 October (UTC):
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=10&day=29&hour=19&min=30&sec=0&p1=224&p2=155&p3=195&p4=37&p5=26&p6=240&p7=952&iv=1800

Kind regards,

--