[OSGeoLive] possible OSGeoLive presentation
cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 15:27:23 PDT 2019
Text for OSGeoLive presentation.
At the end of the OSGeoLive meeting you pointed us to proposed text for
an OSGeoLive presentation:
*TALK PROPOSAL *
What’s new in OSGeoLive 13.0 ?
OSGeoLive 13.0 will be released at the end of July 2019.
Still working on the improvements initiated for OSGeoLive 12.0, it will
embedded latest stable version of a vast choice of Open Source
Geospatial software. The work on the geodata science with Python and R
stacks have also been continued.
The documentation is also a big building area and we made a proposal to
Google Season of Docs in order to get it even better.
1. How much time is the presentation slot?
2. What should our target audience be? If targeting new users the
OSGeoLive lightning talk could be used. But I think we target OSGeo
community who already know OSGeoLive, and want to know our current status.
Ie, I think we should provide a "State of OSGeoLive" talk:
* What have we achieved?
* What are our current challenges?
* What are our immediate next steps?
* What are our long term goals?
* How are technology trends impacting us (both positive and negative)
and how are we responding?
* How does OSGeoLive integrate with other projects and how it can be
used as an indicator of health of other OSGeo communities.
* How can other communities engage with OSGeoLive most effectively to
amplify the effectiveness of their projects.
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
M +61 (0) 419 142 254
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the osgeolive