[OSGeoLive] possible OSGeoLive presentation

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:31:48 PDT 2019

Hi Astrid, all,

Thanks for the comments; I made the proposal like this:
OSGeoLive is a self-contained bootable DVD, USB thumb drive or Virtual
Machine based on Lubuntu, that allows you to try a wide variety of open
source geospatial software without installing anything. It is composed
entirely of free software, allowing it to be freely distributed, duplicated
and passed around.
It provides pre-configured applications for a range of geospatial use
cases, including storage, publishing, viewing, analysis and manipulation of
data. It also contains sample datasets and documentation.
OSGeoLive is an OSGeo project used in several workshops at FOSS4Gs around
the world.

OSGeoLive 13.0 will be released at the end of July 2019 ready for FOSS4G
2019.
Still working on the improvements initiated for OSGeoLive 12.0, it will
embedded latest stable version of a vast choice of Open Source Geospatial
software. The work on the geodata science with Python and  R stacks have
also been continued. Documentation is also a big building area and we made
a proposal to Google Season of Docs in order to get it even better. We
would like to encourage people around the world to help us translate it.
This presentation will reflect what we did for OSGeoLive 13.0, what choices
have been made, what we plan to do for 14.0 and after.

We still can change things but I hit the 1250 characters limit and had to
rephrase a bit.

Choice I made to questions:

In which general topic would you include this submission? => Uses cases and
applications

In which general theme does this submission best fit?

Software status, new development

Please, rate your submission with respect to its technical complexity, from
1 - beginner to 4 - highly advanced

1 - Minimal technical knowledge

Please see screen captures in the google doc to see other options.

I'll send the proposal today so we are not too late, but we can adjust in
the coming days.

Best,

Nicolas

Bien cordialement,