[OSGeoLive] webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org is now old-webextra on osgeo7

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Dec 8 08:29:40 PST 2019

I created a replica of webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org and moved a ton of sites
from it to osgeo7.

I have shutoff the webservice on webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org.  I plan to
shutoff the server completely this coming week to see if anything breaks.

This I think is the VM on osgeo3 to go, so once a grace period of week after
shut-off is done, I plan to have it reformatted so it can be used for
production containers

For those who used this server, can you verify you can connect to the new
home on osgeo7

Using instructions here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Service_Status#osgeo_7

So the login would be

ssh your_ldap_user_name at osgeo7-old-webextra

Key notable things that were on that server that I moved

1)      live.osgeo.org - I'm not sure how this is updated, so whoever is n
charge of this should verify they can update using new setup

2)      planet.osgeo.org

3)      Various foss4g archives including video.foss4g.org

4)      Munin (not resetup but plan to setup a new container for it)

5)      journal.osgeo.org (Not sure what this is tempted to just kill it)

Thanks,

Regina