[OSGeoLive] All OSGeoLive Docs versions online

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 09:47:37 PST 2019

Thanks for the feedback and kind words Cameron!

I got the docs from the ISOs - see https://github.com/geographika/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/gh-pages#extraction-process
After further investigation the missing images are due to the files being symlinks. I'm currently looking to see how these could be saved in git. They currently just have the text of the file they link to e.g. https://github.com/geographika/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/gh-pages/6.0/_images/1spatial_sml1.jpg

I didn't know about the current archive on the main site. So there is some duplication of effort, but adding them to a repo hopely has a long term benefit. It also triggered Angelos tracking down the missing full ISOs.

The latest master docs are already published at https://osgeo.github.io/OSGeoLive-doc/en/index.html and updated whenever a pull request is merged. The recent Appveyor setup should also allow people to see the output of their pull requests (there have been no pull requests recently to check this but it should work).

I'm hoping to investigate the automated archiving of new releases which should help updating the main site,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika