[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive QGIS Quickstart draft

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 14:17:20 PDT 2019

Thanks Andrew,
I"m not sure if you have seen the .. Writing Tips in our exemplar OSGeoLive
quickstart?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/master/doc/quickstart/udig_quickstart.rst

I suggest checking the structure of what you have against these writing
tips. I've just noticed that there doesn't seem to be an introduction into
the quickstart: "In this quickstart we will cover ..."

You might also want to give observers "review" access. (They will then be
able to see your comments). Just ask people to log in before commenting so
you can see who said what.

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 at 21:31, Andrew Jeffrey <aljeffrey83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As mentioned last week on the Season of docs list one of the writing tasks
> that the QGIS group has identified is updating the OSGeoLive quickstart.
>
> I have finished the first draft of a quickstart for QGIS LTR 3.4 and I
> would be interested in feedback. At the moment the doc is read only, let me
> know if you would like to contribute and I will add you as an editor.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ba9H6gWjtPBKPVgX54KfIySHQp38i1SfNMD9TLF8s7Q/edit?usp=sharing
>
> The current quickstart for 2.14 can be found here for comparison
> https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/qgis_quickstart.html
>
> Any and all feedback is welcomed, I plan on going back and re-doing all
> the screenshots so that they are a consitent size and scale so don't be shy
> to suggest more, less, or completely new ones.
>
> I will leave the document up until Thursday 4th July 12:00pm UTC. We will
> then need to start on updating the RST files in the repo and submitting
> back to the project as I believe they have a deadline on 9th July.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew Jeffrey

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254