[OSGeoLive] [SeasonOfDocs] [Qgis-community-team] [OSGeoLive 13.0] QGIS 3.4 overview and quickstart overhaul

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 03:57:28 PDT 2019

Hi,

QGIS has an automated (but unfortunately broken, at least with my configs)
tool to generate screenshots. It was a first draft that would have needed
more improvements but we couldn't spend enough time on it.
running *qgis --take-screenshots directory* in a console would run QGIS and
export a bunch of screenshots to directory. I don't really know the
internals (code is
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/861c5115ebd9533864cd4e9338ea1e35014ef0cd/src/app/qgsappscreenshots.cpp)
nor how configurable it's but extending it to Python would be good. It
could solve QGIS screenshot issues but still remain other OsgeoLive
projects.

I created reports in QGIS issue tracker (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/30326 and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/30327) and let's hope it gets fixed for
the deadline we have.

Regards,