[OSGeoLive] SAGA Processing Provider in QGIS

David Kirschenheuter david.kirschenheuter at uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Nov 13 06:26:02 PST 2019

Hello everybody,

while using OSGEOLIVE 13.0 in a virtual machine, I encountered a Problem
with the use of the SAGA processing tools from within QGIS.
The SAGA-Provider does not show up in the processing toolbox, even when
it is activated in the preferences.
I guess this is due to version mismatch. In osgeolive SAGA 7.3. is
installed.
Following this post:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/224617/problem-getting-saga-activated-in-ubuntu-qgis-2-18-2
I looked into the file
/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/processing/algs/saga/SagaAlgorithmProvider.py

There is written REQUIRED_VERSION = '2.3.' Changing this to 7.3. made
the algorithms available in QGIS.

Could this be fixed in future releases? Maybe by providing another
SAGA-Version?
Or did I just miss some cool trick to get the SAGA-Tools running in QGIS?

Best regards,
David Kirschenheuter