[OSGeoLive] MOTION not to merge PR#4 on gitea

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:19:43 PST 2019

Sorry for my late response. I am also confused about Vicky's intent for
this motion.

If it is because Vicky would like to see the template quickstart checked
in via github, then I can see that has already been done, and I'm fine
with that.

However, I suspect Vicky has concerns about:

1. Adding a new "generic" quickstart template.
I'm in favour of adding a new generic template. Feedback we have
received from documentarians in TheGoodDocsProject was that there are
strong reasons for not using an exemplar template (as I originally set
up a long time ago).
1.1 It projects favouritism and potential resentment.
1.2 Successful projects are continually changing, and there is a high
chance that your exemplar project will become out of date. It is better
to create an imaginary project which doesn't change

2. Concerns about the content of the template quickstart (which
currently still references udig).
2.1 I agree with Vicky's concerns. I suggest we make the template
"generic". When I have a spare moment I'll provide more detailed
feedback in Felicity's call for review.