[OSGeoLive] Quick starts template question (Season of Docs)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 03:11:08 PDT 2019

While it would be ok to put into the udig_quistart.rst, I agree that it
would be better to have a template_quickstart.rst. Erin, a Google tech
writer recently made the comment that there are downsides with selecting an
exemplar project (as we have done):
1. The exemplar project is likely to change, and need updating, and might
not be exemplar any more.
2. There is potential other projects get jealous about not being selected
as an exemplar project.
An alternative she suggested is to create a simple imaginary project (maybe
about mapping time-travel through worm holes in space, or something equally
silly).

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 11:06, Felicity Brand <felicitybrand at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I realized that before I do my dry run-though, I need to submit a PR
> with my changes to the Quick Start template. My changes are in the
> "Writing tips" sections.
>
> At the moment, these writing tips are embedded in the
> uDig_quickstart.rst
>
> https://github.com/flicstar/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/doc/quickstart/udig_quickstart.rst
>
> Is this where we want to keep them? I wonder if a new file called
> "template_quickstart.rst" would be better?
>
> Please advise.
> Thanks
> Felicity

Technology Demystifier