[OSGeoLive] reg GDAL with ASLR build binaries

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Aug 5 07:55:48 PDT 2020

Hi Kavitha -

   In general, specialized security work is outside of the scope of the
/educational mission/ at OSGeoLive project.

ASLR is a security layer ?  from Google search..

"Address Space Layout Randomization (*ASLR*) is a computer security
technique which involves randomly positioning the base address of an
executable and the position of libraries, heap, and stack, in a
process's address space"

Security is a concern at OSGeoLive, but not the primary concern. If you
seek direct consulting hours, please consider a time+money budget to
bring in additional skillsets.

If you find a solution, please do not hesitate to share the results with
the GDAL project and Ubuntu upstream, for better specialized security in
the future.

   others may have different resources for you on this topic
   best regards  --Brian