[OSGeoLive] adding a repository when build ISO (plain text)

Geo Qs geoqs at mailbox.org
Fri Feb 21 01:12:23 PST 2020

[oops, resending as plain text]

Greetings,

First, thank you to the OSGeoLive team, we are an NGO that's been been happily and gratefully using your project for a few years by installing it on an offline machine.

Recently we're trying to customize the latest ISO according to https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build but are running into some issues. We've never built or customized an ISO before, so please forgive us if these are simple questions.

Thank you for your time and any ideas or suggestions you might have! If there is other information we should include, please just let us know.

(Environment - Lubuntu 18.04 in Virtual Machine Manager 2.2.1)

Question 1

Using the command in the wiki:
sudo ./build_chroot.sh release i386 2>&1 | tee /var/log/osgeolive/chroot-build.log
When executing the build script, these error messages occurred:

Warning: apt-key output should not be parsed (stdout is not a terminal)
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.utvHzB8R72/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys FADA29F7
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Connection timed out
Hit:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease
Hit:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Get:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/osgeolive/nightly/ubuntu bionic InRelease [15.4 kB]
Err:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/osgeolive/nightly/ubuntu bionic InRelease
  The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D5411743FADA29F7
Hit:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease
Reading package lists...
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/osgeolive/nightly/ubuntu bionic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D5411743FADA29F7
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/osgeolive/nightly/ubuntu bionic InRelease' is not signed.

Question 2

We already made custom iso file that removed some packages and adding packages we want, but we can't add pgadmin4 and postgresql-11. We added postgresql repository on ‘/home/user/gisvm/source.list.d/osgeolive.list’ file (see below). But it seems like that code is skipped. We also trying adding it on ‘/home/user/gisvm/bin/setup.sh’. So how we can add the repository?

#Postgresql
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt bionic-pgdg main
#OSGeoLive Release ppa
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/osgeolive/release-13.0/ubuntu bionic main