[OSGeoLive] [Incubator] Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:56:08 PDT 2020

Jan / Cameron:

Checking in briefly, sorry I have been overset with activities lately and
hope everyone is staying well. The incubation checklist list available for
other members of the committee to work through also; I am quite found of
the GeoStyler project and it is an impressive and useful project.

Indeed because of my (small) contributions it may be best of a mother
committee member has a look?

   1. Be geospatial
      - Confirm by checking README or project description
      - project page on the osgeo website
      - We ask projects have some user documentation, for example an OSGeo
      Live quickstart
   2. Have a free license or an open source license.
      - The license must be OSI approved
      - We ask that the project team check the file headers and double
      check the license has been appropriately applied
   3. Welcome participation and new contributors.
      - We look for a clear contribution policy
      - We ask that the project demonstrate collaboration, perhaps with a
      history of bug report or pull requests
      - Projects are required to have a code of conduct

Reference: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects
--
Jody Garnett