[OSGeoLive] [Incubator] The Open Data Cube as a OSGeo Community Project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:35:43 PDT 2020

Just a few comments inline:

>         We ask that the project demonstrate collaboration, perhaps with a
> history of bug report or pull requests
>
>    - Both in github and in OSGeo website, we show the team of
>       contributors, and the steering committee members. But I got to say that we
>       are just starting in this respect. There are currently few external
>       collaborators. Most of the development is still done by the core team. We
>       are however open for collaboration, and we hope that becoming an OSGeo
>       community project will bring more collaboration. We need to give time to
>       the community to join the project and start collaborating.
>
> And that is fine, this is one reason why we start slow with a
CONTRIBUTING.md file, and the PRs and notes you provided below are great.

I also got a chance 1st hand to see your group join the Bolsena 2020 code
sprint :)

aside: It can be quite a big step for some organizations to think through
how to accept outside contributions, and notice they are no longer the sole
"owner" of a codebase. Indeed many groups just use an open source license
to publish because they can never get legal approval to work with others.

Please consider this message as an *Application of MobilityDB for OSGeo
> Community Project*.

Great, I appreciate your work thus far. It will take me some time to double
check and make a motion (so if any other committee member wants to have a
go please step up).