[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 14.0 status: beta1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:22:06 PST 2021

Hi all,

Today we are releasing the first beta of OSGeoLive 14.0.
This release includes many package updates on top of Lubuntu 20.04.1
(from DebianGIS and UbuntuGIS) and is expected to be stable enough. Many
thanks to all the volunteers that are helping us to build this distribution.

For OSGeoLive 14.0 our plan is to release 2 versions of the distribution:
  * the bootable iso which will include 90% of the projects due to file
system limitation and
  * the virtual machine version which will include all the available
projects and some extra features that would not fit into the iso (e.g.
libreoffice, extra developer packages, extra documentation etc)

The OSGeoLive team would like to ask the community for testers, since
our plan is to move to RC stage in about a month.
Please download [1], [2], test and report any issues found [3]. Change
log available at [4].

On behalf of the OSGeoLive team,
Angelos

[1] http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/14.0/osgeolive-14.0beta1-amd64.iso