[OSGeoLive] OSGeo signed MoU with HOT - OSGeoLive is one goal

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:01:00 PDT 2021

Maybe the way to frame the relationship with HOT would be like "product
placement advertising in movies" - where Apple pays a movie to write a
plotline where Apple computers are used.

So rather than adding a link on our webpage which says "go check out HOT.
We like them - you should too";
Instead we encourage our quickstarts to use HOT based data and scenarios.
(Make sure the examples are timeless, so we minimize maintenance.)

On Tue, 14 Sept 2021 at 19:46, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps we should plan a (technical?) meeting with HOT and follow up?
>
> On 9/13/21 9:18 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > OSGeo and HOT signed a partnership - MoU :)
> >
> https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/the-open-source-geospatial-foundation-signs-mou-with-hot-the-humanitarian-openstreetmap-team-united-states-inc/
> >

> > Goal A is about HOT and OSGeoLive
> >
> > A. OSGeo to communicate about HOT's tools on OSGeoLive
> > (https://live.osgeo.org)
> >
> > Let's connect with the HOT team and discuss closer what could be
> > possible.
> >
> > Who would like to get involved?
> >
> > Astrid

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD